Monday, September 24, 2007

Nick Diaz has Staph

Nick Diaz, who recently fought on the EliteXC card vs. Mike Aina, has a severe case of staph infection. Diaz clearly was not himself in the fight, earning a split decision win over Aina, in a bought he should have dominated.


"I felt pretty crappy in my match in Hawaii, but I figured it was jet lag or maybe something I had eaten the night before,” Diaz was quoted as saying. “When I left Hawaii the next day, I was getting chills and had to be covered with several blankets on the plane, but I just kept having cold sweats. By the time I got to Vegas, the infection had ballooned up and so I went to the hospital to have it checked out. They admitted me and I’ve been here ever since."


Diaz was scheduled to fight again October 20th, but it appears as though he will not be healthy in time to fight.

No comments: